Petra Excursion Trip By Air For One Day From Sharm
Petra Excursion Trip By Air For One Day From Sharm; Petra was first established sometime around the 6th century BC, by the Nabataean Arabs, a nomadic tribe who settled in the area and laid the foundations of a commercial empire that extended into Syria.
Despite successive attempts by the Seleucid king Antigonus, the Roman emperor Pompey and Herod the Great to bring Petra under the control of their respective empires, Petra remained largely in Nabataean hands until around 100AD, when the Romans took over. It was still inhabited during the Byzantine period, when the former Roman Empire moved its focus east to Constantinople, but declined in importance thereafter.
The Crusaders constructed a fort there in the 12th century, but soon withdrew, leaving Petra to the local people until the early 19th century, when it was rediscovered by the Swiss explorer Johann Ludwig Burckhardt in 1812.
The Petra Archaeological Park (PAP) covers a 264 dunum (264,000 square metres) area within Wadi Musa, which is considered a tourism and archaeological site, and a World Heritage Site registered on the UNESCO World Heritage list since 1985. The area encompasses a breathtaking landscape of pink-hued rock mountains, the focus of which is the amazing ancient Nabataean city of Petra, which was carved into the rock more than 2,000 years ago.
Inhabited since prehistoric times, this Nabataean caravan-city, situated between the Red Sea and the Dead Sea, was an important crossroads between Arabia, Egypt and Syria-Phoenicia. Petra is half-built, half-carved into the rock, and is surrounded by mountains riddled with passages and gorges. It is one of the world’s most famous archaeological sites, where ancient Eastern traditions blend with Hellenistic architecture.
Petra the most famous historical and architecture sites all over the world. its famous with the unique rock cut architecture, you will enjoy the tour of ancient Nabataean civilization, the Roman Theatre, the Rainbow tombs and the Canyon of Siq.
- Early morning, pick up you from your hotel in Sharm, then drive to Sharm airport by Van.
- Fly from Sharm el-Sheikh to Aqua airport approx: 1:20 minutes.
- Meet & assist in Aqaba airport.
- Drive from Aqaba airport to Petra by bus.
- Start the tour from the Siq on your foot
- Continue through the Canyon, to visit El-Khaznah temple “the treasury”
- Visiting the roman amphitheater in jordan
- Followed by visiting the Palace tomb.
- Drive to a five star hotel, to have your lunch.
- After Lunch drive to Aqaba city, for shopping.
- By the end of Petra day tour excursion, you will drive to Aqaba airport.
- Fly to Sharm el-Sheikh airport.
- Meet & assist in Sharm el-Sheikh, then drive to your hotel in Sharm el-Sheikh
- All transportation in Sharm el-Sheikh and Jordan by air conditioned buses.
- English speaking tour guide.
- All entrance fees.
- Lunch at a 5* hotel.
- Jordan visa.
- Departure taxes.
- Any other personal expenses.
- Trip Duration: about 15 hours
- Tour Runs: Every Day
- Start Times: 04.30 AM from your hotel.
- Return time: 22.00 “consists on flight arrival”
- Your Passport.
- Your Breakfast box from your hotel in Sharm
- Sun hat, sun cream, sun glasses.
- Flat shoes.
Adult: 225 GBP
Child: 215 GBP (Child is till 12 years old)
Special prices for groups
Please, Read Our Terms & Conditions