Petra Excursion Day Tour For Two Days From Sharm
Petra Excursion Day Tour For Two Days From Sharm el sheikh; Petra, the fabled “rose red city, half as old as time”, is a well known ancient Nabataean city in the south of Jordan. Due to its breathtaking grandeur and fabulous ruins, Petra was recognized as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1985.
The Outstanding Universal Value of Petra resides in the vast extent of elaborate tomb and temple architecture; religious high places; the remnant channels, tunnels and diversion dams that combined with a vast network of cisterns and reservoirs which controlled and conserved seasonal rains, and the extensive archaeological remains including of copper mining, temples, churches and other public buildings. The fusion of Hellenistic architectural facades with traditional Nabataean rock-cut temple/tombs including the Khasneh, the Urn Tomb, the Palace Tomb, the Corinthian Tomb and the Deir (“monastery”) represents a unique artistic achievement and an outstanding architectural ensemble of the first centuries BC to AD. The varied archaeological remains and architectural monuments from prehistoric times to the medieval periods bear exceptional testimony to the now lost civilisations which succeeded each other at the site.
Evidence suggests that settlements had begun in and around Petra in the eighteenth dynasty of Egypt (1550–1292 BC).
It is listed in Egyptian campaign accounts and the Amarna letters as Pel, Sela or Seir. Though the city was founded relatively late, a sanctuary existed there since very ancient times. Stations 19 through 26 of the stations list of Exodus are places associated with Petra.
Drive north to Nuweiba to cross the Gulf of Aqaba by ferry then drive to Petra.
Petra was the impressive capital of the Nabataean kingdom from around the 6th century BC. The kingdom was absorbed into the Roman Empire in AD 106 and the Romans continued to expand the city. An important center for trade and commerce, Petra continued to flourish until a catastrophic earthquake destroyed buildings and crippled vital water management systems around AD 663. After Saladin’s conquest of the Middle East in 1189, Petra was abandoned and the memory of it was lost to the West.
The ruins remained hidden to most of the world until the Swiss explorer, Johann Ludwig Burckhardt, disguised as an Arab scholar, infiltrated the Bedouin-occupied city in 1812. Burckhardt’s accounts of his travels inspired other Western explorers and historians to discover the ancient city further. The most famous of these was David Roberts, a Scottish artist who created a number of accurate and detailed illustrations of the city in 1839.
The first real excavations of the site were in 1929 after the forming of Trans-Jordan. Since that time, Petra has become by far Jordan’s largest tourist attraction, partially due to the exposure by the Steven Spielberg movie, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, in 1989. Due to the fantastic engineering accomplishments and well-preserved dimension of Petra, the archaeological site was chosen in July 2007 as one of the New Seven Wonders of the World
- Transfer from your hotel in Sharm, then drive to Nuweiba harbor. “3:00 A.M.”
- Sail from Nuweiba to Aqaba by ferry boat. “6:30 A.M”
- Arrival to Aqaba Marine. “8.30 A.M”
- Drive from Aqaba to Petra about 120 min by coach. “08:45 A.M”
- Arrival to Petra, and start the Guided tour through the Siq. “10:30 A.M”
- Return to Siq entrance to have your lunch at Marriott or Moevenpick Hotel.”15:30 PM”
- Overnight Petra Hotel “on H/B Basis”
- After Breakfast check/out from your hotel
- Free day in Petra.
- By the end of the second day, you will drive to Aqaba marine.
- Meet & Assist at Nuweiba jetty. then drive back to Sharm el-Sheikh.
- Transportation by air Conditioned cars.
- English speaking tour guide “First day only”
- Meet & assist at Nuweiba harbor In/Out.
- Meet & Assist at the Tale Bay Marina in Aqaba In/Out.
- Luxury boat from Nuweiba harbor to Aqaba and back.
- Transfers by A/C bus from Aqaba to Petra & Back.
- Entrance fees in Petra.
- Lunch at 5* hotel with open buffet
- Overnight at Hotel on H/B Basis
- Horse riding for ten Minutes from Entrance to “Siq”
- Marina Departure Fee and Aqaba Departure Fee “which is 25$ Per Person”
- Extras at lunch
- Lunch for Second day
- Re-entry Visa for Egypt if needed
- Start time : 3:00 A.M from Sharm
- Return time: 23:00 in two days from the Start time
- Available Start Day: Tuesday or Friday
- Breakfast box from your hotel.
- Sun hat, Sun glasses
3 Stars Hotel
P.P in DBL: 250 GBP
Single Supp: 25 GBP
Child: 185 GBP
High Season Supp: 7 GBP
4 Stars Hotels
P.P in DBL: 275 GBP
Single Supp: 40 GBP
Child: 195 GBP
High Season Supp: 12 GBP
5 Stars Hotel
P.P in DBL: 330 GBP
Single Supp: 55 GBP
Child: 240 GBP
High Season Supp: 18 GBP
Note : Child is till 12 years old
Special prices for groups
Please, Read Our Terms & Conditions